January 31, 2011

First Class Frank: Round Two, Part Two


Time came to leave for my spring break trip. I packed up my stuff and hit the road, or air because I flew. I got to my final destination and was greeted by my aunt. I stayed with her and my uncle for the first few days of my trip while Frank was finishing up his classes up his weekly classes.
It was my first time in this city and had fun being a total tourist with my aunt. She lives about 30 minutes outside the city and it’s an easy ride to surrounding locations. We walked on the beach and had lunch at fabulous places, went to a few museums and walked around some large lush gardens. Then the time came to say goodbye. Frank was on his way to pick me up.
Frank called when he arrived at their house. He came in and met my local family. It was a quick meet and greet as we didn’t want to hit traffic. His school was about 45-50 minutes away and with traffic it would probably take two to three hours. Frank grabbed my stuff and got my door for me (as was normal for him) and I got in. As he got into the car, he sat down and reached behind my seat. He pulled out five beautiful white Calla Lilies (which just happen to be my favorite flower). He smiled and placed them in my lap, and continued to fasten his seat belt and back the car out of the driveway. I looked at him blankly and he explained.
“If I get another chance with you, I’m going to do it right. I messed up my last chance; I’m not going to do it again this time.”
I didn’t really know what to say to this, so I said nothing. It was a fairly quiet ride until my stomach started growling. I was starving and so was Frank. We stopped at a nice restaurant about 20 minutes away from his school. There was a bit of a wait so we walked around the town square for a while. As we walked, he grabbed my hand. He squeezed it and I looked up at him.
“I’m so glad you’re here,” he beamed. I had never seen him so happy before.
We walked back to the restaurant and ate dinner. When we got back into his car and there was an oh-so-familiar pause. He smiled again, grabbed my hand and held it tight. He then asked me if it would be ok if he kissed me. I wasn’t really sure what to say. No one had ever asked me before. It was kind of sweet and he had been the perfect gentleman all night. What could I say? So I said yes.
It was one of the sweetest kisses of my life. He was so nervous it was like our first kiss all over again. He couldn’t stop smiling though. He was so happy and that made me happy.
We finally got to his school and I got settled in his room. He had a single room but still had two beds. He set up my things on the other side of the room and told me that he didn’t expect me to share a bed with him. He didn’t want me to feel awkward.  What he didn’t know was that in saying all of this, he made me feel awkward. Well, even though there were two beds, we ended up sharing a bed. We didn’t do anything though… not the first night at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment