January 23, 2011

Mr. Granola: Round Two, Part Six


First, before I continue on with my story, I would like to take a second dedicate this post to my cousin. She is one of the people who knows who I am and has supported my crazy blog idea.
Oh my dear girl, life may throw you some curve balls and you might be down sometimes. Just know, everything will get better. There is a man out there who will worship the ground you walk on and will make you happier than you thought was humanly possible. I know everything hurts right now but you have no idea what life has in store for you and you are just about to start your journey. I am so excited for you. Take every opportunity presented to you. Now is your time to make mistakes and live on the wild side. Our older cousin told me this when Mr. Granola and I broke up for the second time (I haven’t gotten to that part of the story yet, but keep reading and I will!). She is wise beyond her years and I don’t regret a single part of my life so far. Don’t regret anything in yours. I love you cousin. Stay strong and stay true to yourself!
Ok enough with the mushy stuff and all the wonderful clichés. Back to the story.
So I had mixed feelings on leaving the itty bitty college. But the promise of a shared life with Mr. Granola kept me focused. I also knew that if the drama with the small college stopped (that is my constant complaining) then the drama with Mr. Granola might stop as well. I so wanted to go back to how we were before I started school. Because of these reasons and a few others as well, I decided to go ahead and leave the college. I was to start at the school in the city and would transfer the following fall up to a school near Mr. Granola.
I started to pack my belongings and the day I moved, Mr. Granola was supposed to help. His SUV would come in handy, but just like when I moved in, he suddenly became mysteriously busy. Once again I was angry but bit my tongue. I was leaving drama; I didn’t want to start more.
I moved back home and got all settled in. It was funny to be back home and I was nervous to be at a school where I knew no one. After a brief break, I started classes at the start of the semester. My first day went well until I got home. What waited for me there would completely crush me.
Mr. Granola called that night. He was crying. The boy never cried. He told me he had to break up with me before he left to go back to school. He couldn’t be with me. He told me he didn’t love me and that he never had. I couldn’t understand where this was coming from or what he was talking about. It all seemed completely surreal. Everything we had been through all of a sudden seemed to be a sham.
 I balled hysterically for about a week. I went to most of my classes but missed a good handful too. The classes I did go to, I could barely see the board because my eyes were so badly swollen from crying. And what made everything worst was having to figure out how to possibly choose a school to go to the following year. I couldn’t apply to any other schools, as it was past all of the deadlines. So for right now, I was seemingly stuck at the city school.

No comments:

Post a Comment