January 15, 2011

First Class Frank: Part Three


I got over the entire situation somehow. I don’t even remember how, he probably sweet talked his way out of trouble again. Before I knew it graduation came and went. There were tons of parties. My parents threw me an amazing party.  My cousin came down to Atlanta as a surprise. Now one would think that with me being as happy as I was on such an occasion, those around me would share in my joy. Well you would be wrong to think such a thing. First Class Frank was in a foul mood because he was not the center of attention. It was so noticeable that his mother, who was kind enough to show up to the shindig, pulled the boy aside and gave him a firm talking to.
 I was furious. I knew that it was only a matter of time before Frank and I parted and went our separate ways. He had been accepted at a very small school out in California and I was staying In-State. He was about to leave on a month long trip around the U.S. Whether he liked to admit it or not, our relationship was coming to a close. Now, I’m all for long distant relationships but not when the relationship is troubled when you’re living twenty minutes away from each other.
I waited as long as possible before doing the inevitable. Unfortunately I could only wait so long before I started getting annoyed by the constant complaint phone calls. I felt awful for drawing the line while he was on his solo trip but I couldn’t go through the motions of the relationship anymore. I put my foot down and out an end to the eight month relationship. I was upset once it was done. I was upset at myself for hurting someone I cared about. It was the first time I had broken someone’s heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment