January 19, 2011

Mr. Granola: Round Two, Part Four


We arrived at Mr. Granola’s friend’s apartment. When we walked in I was hit by a cloud of pot. In fact the entire house reeked of weed. Oh what an interesting weekend this would be. I was shown to the room downstairs were we’d be staying and I quickly changed into something cute. The boys waited on me to finish changing and we walked to the party.
The entire night was drinking, drugs, and rock and roll. I knew no one and Mr. Granola wasn’t too good at introductions. I was left to fend for myself multiple times that evening. I got hit on by countless drunks and one in particular was completely relentless. I found Mr. Granola and told him about my stalker.
“Has he touched you?”
“Well, no, but,” I started.
“Well if he kisses you then I’ll talk to him, but I’m not starting anything over nothing. It’s not like I’d beat someone up for you, sweetheart,” Mr. Granola said.
Are you kidding me? Wtf?
He went back to a conversation he was having with one of his friends.
“Yeah man, I’m heading back and starting classes next semester.”
What?  Those were not the plans we had talked about. What happened to me transferring to the neighboring school? Us getting an apartment together? What happened to the dog? I was not happy. Not only had I discovered the secret smoking habit, but I was humiliated, and felt as though I had been lied to once again. I was done with this trip and I couldn’t get home without Mr. Granola.
When we got back to his friend’s apartment, I decided to head to bed. Mr. Granola stayed up with his friend. This wasn’t how I envisioned this trip. I tried to stay up and wait for Mr. Granola to come to bed but I ended up crying myself to sleep.
            The next morning, I woke up to find that Mr. Granola had never come to bed the night before. I had no idea where he was. I walked up stairs to find him asleep on the couch. I stood there looking at him bewildered for a few seconds before he started blinking his eyes and blearily looked at me. He sat up and smiled, rubbed his eyes and asked me what time it was. We had a football game to go to and tailgating festivities would begin soon. Mr. Granola didn’t seem to be bothered by the fact that he left me alone downstairs to sleep by myself. Quickly, we got ready to go and headed out the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment