May 26, 2011

Mr. Movie Man: part two


As for me, I wanted nothing to do with the seriousness. The more he pushed, the further I went in the opposite direction. It wasn’t long before I realized the “talk” was inevitable. One night we were talking on the phone joking around, when he mentioned a girl slipped him her number at a bar.
“Well are you going to call her?” I asked very bluntly.
“No, why would I? I’m dating you.”
This was true, but I wasn’t ready for an exclusive relationship. After the crazy tornado of emotion that was Mr. Emo, I knew I wanted to slow things down majorly with this relationship. And for some reason, the thought of Mr. Movie Man dating someone else didn’t bother me. In fact, I rather liked the idea. Maybe this would change his mind about everything. After all, most of his friends were getting engaged or married and I had a feeling it would only be a matter of time before this was brought up as a topic of discussion.
So what did I do? Well I so eloquently told Mr. Movie Man all of this. Yeah, it wasn’t so eloquent. Actually it was more along the lines of pleading for him to slow this whole thing down. I told him I was in no way ready for a monogamous relationship and he claimed he understood. So I just let it be.
I shouldn’t have let it be. Never let something like that be. A few days later the boy dropped the “L Bomb”. Yes, he said he loved me. And for those who aren’t aware of the timeline that’s gotten faded in all of the story telling, it was about three weeks in.
It was a rather strange drop of the words though. We were driving by an old pharmacy that used to sell Beanie Babies during the nineties. Across the street was an old joke shop that was no longer there. I briefly reminisced on these two stores and he looked at me with widened eyes and said, “Oh my god, I love you. Seriously.” I just looked at him shocked and then he kept muttering it to himself. He kept repeating it, “I love you” until he went quiet and then after about a minute of silence he changed the subject.
The poor guy, I don’t know if I ever really gave him a fair chance. He just seemed so desperate I lost interest and never fully wanted to be with him. I enjoyed his company and I liked the thought of being with someone. Regardless, he kept pushing for a solid exclusive relationship and after about a month and a half I still didn’t want it. I wasn’t seeing anyone else, though I could have, but I just didn’t want to be tied down. Well I finally got to my breaking point.

No comments:

Post a Comment