May 09, 2011

Mr. Emo: part two


As sad as it sounds I don’t remember much of our courtship. We seemed to go from zero to sixty. Everything became very serious very quickly. Mr. Emo and I were inseparable. Our schedule made it so we could go to each other’s classes, so we did. Suddenly I was sitting in on accounting classes and passing notes about plans for the weekend.
It was getting to be summer and Mr. Emo was getting ready to move back home. He was living in the college dorms and needed to move all of his things back to his mother’s house. There it was, the perfect time to meet his mother.
His home town was about forty five minutes away. We cut that time in half by speeding down the highway in his sporty little mini cooper. When we got to his house I was shocked. He lived in a quiet cute little neighborhood in a nice brick house that looked out over the 6th hole of a private golf course. This was not the upbringing of the dark, shy, seemingly moody emo kid that I had imagined. His mother greeted us at the door with two huge mason jars filled with sweet tea. She gave me a warm hug and invited me in. She was one of the bubbliest people I’ve ever met. We had a great afternoon talking with Mr. Emo’s mother before she had to run out to the grocery store. She asked if I’d be staying for dinner and I had to decline. We were on our way back to the city to get another carload of Mr. Emo’s belongings.
After his mother left, Mr. Emo asked me if I wanted a quick tour of the neighborhood. I said sure and we were on our way. Living on a golf course, naturally he owned a golf cart. So we hopped in and started on the tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment